Advance Registration Required.
Transform your thirsty lawn into a water-saving landscape featuring drought-tolerant trees, native grasses, perennials, and shrubs. Morning talks are followed by hands-on activities and demonstrations. This workshop is suitable for homeowners and landscape professionals alike, so all are welcome!
Registration includes morning refreshments, catered lunch, and course materials.
Workshop fee: $25 CNGA Members / $30 Non-members
For a flyer (can be used to mail in registration): click here.
- Introduction: Andrew Fulks, Assistant Director, UC Davis Arboretum
- Landscape Design: Martin Quigley, Director of Gardens and Grounds, UCSC Arboretum
- Plant Species Selection: Brett Hall, California Native Plant Program Director UCSC Arboretum
- Lawn Removal and Drip Irrigation: Dakota Bertsch, Landscape Designer & Project Manager, Ecological Concerns
- Rainwater Catchment and Grey Water Harvesting: Jon Laslett
Thank you to our partners, City of Santa Cruz and UC Santa Cruz Arboretum.